For slides to this talk, please go to::
The past century in physics seems to lead in a surprising direction: away from physics as a description of objects and their interactions, and towards physics as a description of the evolution of information. Is this the correct way to think about physics and the physical world? What is information? What does the term “information” even mean? What role does information play in quantum gravity, cosmology, thermodynamics, life and consciousness, and what links does it provide between these areas?
FQXi’s international, interdisciplinary conference on the Physics of Information brought together leading researchers to discuss the significance, meaning, and uses of information in physics.
- Bran writes mostly on science and is an avid reader and writer of popular science. He brings sciency a literetic emphasis bring it to mainstream media for all.
- Egypt2021.11.13Great Pyramids of Giza
- Science2021.10.14The Big Bang isn’t the beginning of the universe anymore
- Astronomy2021.01.10Rare three- planet conjunction of Mercury, Jupiter and Saturn to illuminate the sky this weekend
- Quantum Physics2021.01.07AI, quantum computing and 5G could make criminals more dangerous than ever, warn police